Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I have completely redone my hand-painted jewelry web site

I just finished redoing my hand-painted jewelry website from scratch. It was originally created using Microsoft Publisher. Microsoft stopped development of Publisher as a website-creation tool after the 2007 version. It took me quite awhile to find a replacement for Publisher that I was satisfied with. I didn't want a web-based app either because I like the control I have using a program on my computer and then uploading the files when I'm satisfied with the results. I don't have to be online while I'm working with the software, only when I need to upload files.

The replacement software I found is Xara Web Designer 10. Its page layout and design features are similar enough to Publisher's that it lowered my learning curve quite a bit. It has far more to offer than Publisher ever did and, of course, it's completely up to date with the latest web technology. Publisher 2007 was behind the times since it was so old, and it was limited because its primary purpose was as an application for print-based publications. My first use of Xara Web Designer 10 was for my art web site (ragone.com). I did that last year. Now, I've completed my jewelry web site. I had procrastinated doing it, but finally got down to business last week and finished up today. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Image of Home page for RagoneDesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment