Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another example of the jewelry from my "Swirly Gig" collection

1.5" hand-painted pendant with post earrings
I started creating hand-painted jewelry about a year and a half ago. I've always loved earrings and pendants or necklaces and purchased many of my favorite pieces from artists at art festivals. I didn't want to be a jewelry-maker myself per se, but I kept wanting to create some wearable art that was reminiscent of my paintings. I spent quite a bit of time thinking about how I could do that, what kind of materials I would need, what the process would be, etc. I finally figured it out and have been happy with the result. My pieces range in price from a small pendant for $10 to a set consisting of a large pendant and 2 earrings (like the set above) for $45. Each piece has a unique painted image topped by glass. No two are alike. The earrings are for pierced ears. The bails on the pendants are gold- or silver-plated. The earring posts are the same. Currently, Southern Spirit Gallery in Salisbury, NC, has my jewelry for sale, and I also sell it out of my studio. Prices are the same no matter where they are purchased (shipping is extra). I am working on getting my jewelry into other retail outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment